- July 10, 2017
- 2 minute read
Four Out of Five Millennials Purchase from Amazon
Amazon Prime Day starts today April 10, 2017 at 9 PM Eastern time and runs through Wednesday. The company is expecting a big week in online purchases in connection with the promotion. Yes Lifecycle Marketing conducted a survey of over 1,000 consumers of all ages in March 2017. The results of the survey found that more than half of millennials choose to buy from Amazon for its Prime benefits and 76 percent because of its prices.
Amazon conducts Amazon Prime Day one day of the year where Prime subscribers receive exclusive deals and discounts. In past years the day has provided great deals, particularly in technology and gadgets.
The report also showed 63 percent of consumers had made a purchase on Amazon in the past month. Additional findings from the report include:
- After millennials, members of Gen X were the second most likely to buy from Amazon
- Centennials shop in store during the holidays more so than any other generation (45 percent).
- More than 80 percent of Centennials and 74 percent of Millennials say social media influences their shopping.
- Four out of five respondents in all age groups report that they find a brand’s website valuable when making purchase decisions.
- Almost a third of Centennials (31 percent) shop at non-Amazon retailers because they enjoy the in-store shopping experience, more than any other generation.
Track Best Prime Day Deals on Amazon
Additionally, Prime Day opens the opportunity to use tools that track the bargains the website offers with competitors to ensure the consumer is receiving the best deal.
Tools that track deals include:
Amazon Shopping App
The Amazon Shopping App provides product details, customer reviews, and the ability to scan gift cards from your mobile phone.
Alexa users can ask the app to find the best deals on a particular product at all times no matter the promotion.
CamelCamelCamel is an Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts.
SlickDeals provides the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, and promo codes.
ShopSavvy Twitter feed
ShopSavvy is a mobile shopping assistant that provides highly targeted mobile advertising for retailers and brands
Benefits of Using Social Media For Business
There are undeniable benefits of using social media for business. Every business can leverage social media to increase their customer base and communicate with potential clients.
Keep Your Business Healthy
Work to keep your business healthy inside and out. As a business, this is about keeping your staff happy and productive, and this starts with keeping your employees informed. You need to take care of your health through exercise and health screenings. The following are some additional tips for consideration in applying to you and your staff.